Thursday, October 7, 2010

Renewal

After months of absence from this blog, the time to renew postings has come.  After all, there is a time for everything.

My son has not taken a nap in ages (or so it seems), and today--of all days--he slept on my lap.  He has been at it for the past three hours. I expect him to be as hungry as a lion upon his awakening.

I am busy editing the content of my second book. I find it ironic that the blog post that I posted on January 29 last year is now part of the content of my first book, "Euangelion on Facebook" (http://stores.lulu.com/nxumalo). Some of the folk who bought this volume are already inquiring about a sequel. Well, there is some content that is gathering dust on my Facebook notes as we speak, so I guess there will be a sequel. I am too surprised to even think that there will not be one.

My daughter is the only other person in the house, for now. I expect my sister-in-law to breeze in a little while later. If she were not family, I would have preferred that this stage of hormonal expression should occur outside my space. I have two cases on my hands, including this daughter of mine who is in the house right now. While she has not yet come of age, I have begun to sense the tremors caused by the molten lava of hormonal pressure, building up from the inside out. Lord, have mercy!

As for my wife, I just wished she did not work. It is not that I am some sexist, chauvinistic pig. No; that is not the case. It is just that the health of a marital union is not as dependent on monetary means as it is on an investment of time, Time and more TIME. When the pursuit of income factors itself into this picture, including the odd situation in which we find ourselves: she works a good 110 kilometres from home and there is hardly a thing we can do about it until we miraculously find a place to stay that is closer to where she works, there is less and less of that time on the marital side of the equation. Lord, have mercy once more.

I have now steeped my energies into writing books, keeping up with friends online, sipping from their encouragement and also offering them mine. Once in a while, I also dabble in debate, offering solicited advice (and every now and then, unsolicited--eish!) plus trying to follow this link and that link offering prospects in creating an income stream from the comfort of my home, online. I am still devoid of that income since my initial quests a little more than 10 years ago.

I can finally say, without regret, I would be glad to see Jesus break the eastern skies and put this world out of its misery. It is one thing to long for relief from this world when I am most probably unprepared for the next. While Jesus empathises, I am wont to think that He is also as interested in my making it into the new dispensation that I believe His topmost priority is just that: how many can He get ready for the new dispensation?

Your guess is as good as mine. However, this one thing I know: Jesus NEVER performs below par.

No comments:

Post a Comment