Thursday, January 29, 2009

Full Earth Cycle Round the Sun... (excerpt from my Facebook Notes)

I shared the following note with my Facebook friends, and it is pertinent that I share it here as well. Here goes:

===============================================

It was my birthday yesterday, declared a holiday by a quasi-Briton who shares the same birthday (not date: day!). Today, another three people that I know also had their birthdays.

The other day, I tried to picture God in the heavens, looking down at us earthlings, throwing parties and sending messages of goodwill whenever one of us completes a full earth cycle around the sun. For some reason, I couldn't picture Him finding reason to have a party. After all, He is the One who set time rolling. Before time began, He is. I find that AWESOME, don't you?

It is a similar kind of awe that I feel when I meet someone who has lived long enough to call my dad "son." Now, THAT is seniority, and my dad is not young, by any means.

Back to that image of God looking down on us, celebrating the fact that we have lived long enough to see the beginning of yet another cycle around the sun. Every day on this planet is someone's birthday somewhere, and, boy, do humans party! Any excuse to indulge the appetite, and I will call for a party.

On the FIRST day of the week, the day popularly known as Sunday (we will not be fooled by the quasi-calendars that mark the day popularly known as Monday as the first day of the week), God, after setting time in motion on this planet, said there should be light. There WAS light.

Now, to appreciate the significance of that FIRST creative act on this planet, I know, for a fact, that, for light to exist, there ought to be a source. In this account, light existed with no named source for the light.

AWESOME! :-O

As I type this, the sun has slipped over the African horizon, ushering in a night of rest for me and my spiritual friends who share the same ideal that I will describe just now. In the night, darkness (the ABSENCE--NOT the inverse, but the ABSENCE--of light) reigns. In my world, therefore, I associate light with it's source: the sun, the same golden, gleaming orb that peeps over the eastern horizon, hours before the telltale signs of a brightening day have marked its imminent appearance.

However, and I am deliberately stressing this point, the very FIRST Sunday on this planet was marked by the presence of light WITHOUT THE SUN!

AWESOME!! :-O

Two, three, and four days later, only then did God speak the sun, and other celestial bodies (I wouldn't know if these were the ones that are observable by the naked human eye only, or the ones in the solar system only, or the whole lot in the whole universe) into existence.

I therefore put it to you, as you read this short excerpt, that light, the progression of night and day, existed for a FULL three days before the sun EVER existed. On that note, whatever the age of the earth is, we must add three days to it, for we count years by the number of full cycles that this earth makes around the sun, and the sun, in the beginning, wasn't there for a full three days of this planet's existence as we know it before the sun came into being. Three days out of seven, counted by 24-hour cycles that were NOT regulated by the earth's orbit around the sun.

OUCH!

Here's the point: for the Roman pagans who contrived the idea that the golden blob in the sky, the same one that reliably rises every morning to herald the start of a new day, is some god, and then named the FIRST day of the week after this god, isn't it ironic that this sun god NEVER existed on the very FIRST Sunday on earth?

As I type this, the Sabbath has begun in my area. I am at rest (halellujah!). Some other people will be marching off to "rest" in obedience to the edict of his papal supremacy 24-hours late, on the venerable day of the sun.

I'm suddenly reminded of the account of Elijah on Mount Carmel (1 Kings 18). When you go off to worship the sun god on Sunday, lo and behold, God has NOT created him yet! You may scream and kick, cut yourself and yell yourself hoarse, but the only God who answers by fire said to rest on the LAST day of the week, and that day is NOW.

I rest my case (no pun intended). :-)

===============================================

My ideal world would involve this WHOLE planet coming to a halt, literally, every seventh-day of the week, to commemorate a full cycle around the Son. The record of Scripture according to the Gospel of John, the first chapter, reveals that the Divine Being who brought this planet into existence, plus these paltry creatures called man, is none other than God, the Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment